Hummus for Sandwiches (Show 1302)
|When Mom checked on Sam's room-cleaning progress, she noticed a sandwich under his pillow! So we thought we'd give you a recipe for an excellent sandwich filling...hummus! Hummus is yummy, nutritious, and super easy to make. All you need is:
* a 15-oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
* 3 Tbs. lemon juice
* 1 finely-minced clove of garlic
* 2 Tbs. tahini (sesame seed paste)
* 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped parsley
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional, if you like it a bit spicy).
First, drain the chickpeas, reserving about 3 Tbs. of the liquid. Put chickpeas and the reserved liquid into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth & creamy. Transfer to a bowl, and beat in lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and tahini. Let stand for a half hour to let the flavors mingle. Garnish with parsley, and use as a sandwich filling or as a dip for raw vegetables or crackers.